Danielle Vella is a Lifestyle & Wellness Blogger based in Melbourne. Currently studying Nutrition and Health Coaching. Danielle recently launched Plan Eat Glow, her first collection of downloadable Weekly Meal Planners. Her blog is a curation of healthy recipes, fitness style and sustainable living.
Danielle shared one of her favourite meal prep recipes. When time is previous and you have a busy week ahead. Danielle's quiche is a great way to keep on track when you are time poor. Perfect for a light dinner or savoury breakfast option.
Chorizo Roasted Pepper & Manchego Quiche
(makes 6 serves)
- 8 large eggs (70g weight size)
- 4 pieces Mountain Brea Rye Wraps
- 175g Mini Vine Capsicums (sunkissed capsicums)*
- 200g Perino tomatoes
- 100g Manchego cheese (grated)
- 250g Chorizo
- ½ c milk
- Big handful fresh spinach leaves
- Olive oil
- Preheat fan forced oven to 180 degrees celcius
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Wash and chop tops off mini capsicums. Cut in half longways and place on the lined baking tray
- Wash perino tomatoes and cut in half longways. Place on the baking tray with the mini capsicums. Drizzle with a little olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Bake for approx. 20 mins or till softened slightly.
- Meanwhile, slice chorizo into pieces and pan fry till cooked through. Once cooked, set aside on a paper towel.
- Lightly grease a large baking dish. Line with Mountain Bread pieces. Set aside till needed.
- In a large mixing bowl crack 8 eggs, add ½ c milk and 100g grated Manchego cheese. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Grab a baking dish lined with Mountain bread to begin the assembling process. Sprinkle a handful of spinach over the base. Next place capsicums and cooked chorizo.
- Pour over the egg mixture. You may need to evenly spread out some of the cheese if it accumulates in one area. Top with the cooked perino tomatoes.
- Place in the oven (180 degrees celcius fan-forced) to bake for approximately 40mins or till cooked through
- Cut into six pieces to serve alongside some green salad leaves.
NUTRITION (approx. as per ingredients above)
448 calories – Protein 27.3g – carbs 14.9g – fat 30.3 g
*can use standard capsicum if preferred
You can learn more about Danielle here.