Welcome to issue one! Not only is dk active for everybody and every body, we're also pretty good at keeping you comfortable whilst you're being a homebody too.
Over the next few weeks, we'll be sharing how we are staying positive and active at home. And by active, we don't just mean workouts. We are all facing our individual challenges throughout this time, but together we will conquer them.
Here's how some of our dk staff are keeping busy during their time at home.
- Cook! Perfect some healthy, hearty recipes that my husband will actually like!
- Smother my dog with love
- Sit outside and soak up some sun
- Read and take this time to learn new things
- Practice some heart opening yoga postures
- Plan for positive change in the future
- Attempt to grow plants from my food scraps (wish me luck!)
- Attempt to limit social media/TV/Netflix usage (wish me even more luck!)
- Use this time for long phone conversations with loved ones
- Virtual dinner dates with my girlfriends
- Workout from home using the dk active ambassador workout videos (coming soon)!
- Perhaps most importantly… sit back, have a few wines and chill the f out.
Production & Warehouse Assistant
- Anything crafty including painting or crochet
- Try out new recipes and bake some sweet treats
- Practice some yoga or Pilates
- Take time to read different genres of books that I don’t usually go for
- And of course play Animal Crossing on my switch!
I’ll be staying comfy in my Highway Tights.
Post Production Supervisor
- Light a candle, put my socks on and read! I will be reading The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson
- Watch true crime documentaries on Netflix
- Create some artwork to decorate my home
- Plan my next holiday
- Cardio dancing
- Work on a new skill - I always wanted to be able to touch my toes
- Check in with family and friends
- Make an outfit for myself
- A big home clean-up
I’ll be dancing around the house in my favourite dk active piece, the Upbeat Tight.
Marketing & eCommerce
- Finish reading the pile of secondhand books on my nightstand
- Complete some more yoga study and practice daily
- Write for the fun of it
- Keep my house sparkling clean so it’s a pleasant space to be in everyday
- Teach my cat a new trick (so far we have mastered “sit”)
- Facetime/call my family often
- Take my skincare routine seriously for once
- Tease out the singular dreadlock in my boyfriend’s hair
- Stay connected with everyone and stay positive
I’m wearing my Highriders whether I’m doing yoga or laying down with a book - they make me feel like I have my life together.
- Take a warm bath with candles and bath bombs
- Pamper myself with an at-home facial
- Finish my book! (The Secret She Keeps by Michael Robotham)
- Cuddle my two cats
- Finish knitting a blanket
- Prepare new meals with minimal ingredients
- Go for nature walks
- Practice yoga
Leave a comment below and let us know what projects you are finally finishing off while you're home!